Thread: ecu issues
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

ok guys this has gotten fairly controversial..

Basically the story is i got a power fc installed and tuned at asg which cost me $500 and made 241 hp on their dyno

It worked for 4 days before it wouldn't start. The RAC came out and said it was either ignition switch or immobilizer. I had an auto sparky mate come and and said the ignition switch was fine, I then removed the immobilizer myself. The car still wouldn't start.

I then got it towed back to asg. Where they plugged in the stock ecu and the car started running. they then tried my power fc on a different car and said it worked fine. they said the wiring in my car was probably faulty somewhere and if i wanted them to start looking it would be something like 120 and hour. After just spending 1200 on buying the power fc and tune i was broke and couldn't afford this as it could have taken many hours until they found the problem.

I started this exact thread to which mao pm'd me to bring it in. I then drove it on the stock ecu to evolutionR. where mao stated that asg had tuned it on a faulty afm. Which he then replaced and retuned.

Results are here: http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolutio...%24poa-39.html