Thread: ecu issues
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

I then sent the following email to asg this morning:

Hi guys my name is Rhys I got my power fc tuned and installed into my red gc8 wrx there about a month and a half ago. This cost me $500

It wasn’t running as smooth as I had hoped, it lasted for about 4 days before the car cut out on me and I had to get it towed back in. You guys then put the stock ecu back in, but said the power fc worked fine on another vehicle, and there must be a wiring issue with my car.

I decided I would take it elsewhere as I wasn’t happy with the service that you provided. After inspection by another workshop I was told that the car had been tuned with a faulty air flow meter. I have no idea how you guys didn’t pick up on this before you tuned it as the air/fuel ratio wouldn’t have been correct. After replacing the air flow meter. Here are the results of the first power run on the tune that you guys done.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSC05854.jpg

177.6 hp and 227.43 nm torque which is nowhere near the power it should be making based on similar vehicles with the same modifications.

I then spent another $450 at the other workshop on a retune as yours was done so poorly. This is the graph after the re-tune.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSC05857.jpg

As you can see 264.2 hp and 344 nm torque. This is where the vehicle should have been at when I got it initially tuned with you guys.

For this I am requesting a refund of the price of the tune (not including installation ) as the service was not up to standard.

This should be a reasonable request, as per the information on this website

Refund or cancel service - Consumer Protection - Department of Commerce

Thanks. I look forward to hearing your reply. Rhys