Thread: ecu issues
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman1991 View Post

Rhys,

Don't be suprised when that we get our back up when your first contact with us regarding this issue is accusing us of poor service and attaching a link to consumer protection.

Like I said before we had a brief look at your car found it wasn't running and it wasn't and ECU issue but there were wires hanging out. You made it very clear to me didn't want to spend too much which I understand so I didn't look into wiring, etc. Your car was tuned here to 240hp as you know and broke down 4 days later. AFMs fail randomly like many electrical components for whatever reason and I guess you have been unlucky if yours has failed.

To say we have tuned your car incorrectly with a faulty AFM is a big claim as I can show you dyno graphs of your cars fuel mixtures correct from start to finish of the dyno run. This would not be possible with a faulty AFM as the voltage would go out of range during the run causing fuel mixtures to go leaner than our target. This is very noticeable to Sean as he has tuned many Subarus over the last decade with power FC ecus and replaced many AFMs while on the dyno for this reason. I understand you don't know all the details about the tuning process and honestly neither do I its Seans job for all this stuff.

Regarding your 177hp dyno chart we obviously wouldn't tune your car with the boost control back to front or otherwise it wouldn't make 240hp. Mao refers to the T piece and resrictor being backwards however I find this hard to believe as we fitted a 3 port boost solenoid which runs a hose to the turbo comp cover from one port and a hose to the wastegate from another. The third port vents open. There is no T piece and no restrictor on this setup so how he came up with that little story I don't know. In your first email you refer to this 177hp as the ''tune that you guys done'' but clearly this is not our tune if it has had the boost lines changed and prob running about 10-12psi rather than the 18psi you can see on the chart from our tune. Then you go on to claim that ''the service was not up to standard'' and you request a refund for the price of the tune. Are you referring to the 177hp tune or the 240hp tune??? Furthermore you are wonder who has jipped you and who owes you money? The answer would be noone as its your car and unfortunately it broke down. You came to us and requested the service of an ecu fitment and dyno tune and thats what you got. You went to evoR and requested a service of whatever and I assume thats what you got and that is also fair. Clearly you have been a little misled by the decieving evoR dyno charts and accusations of poor tuning with faulty parts but at the end of the day if they done what you paid for you are not owed anything.

Unfortunately I cannot offer you a refund under these circumstances but I am happy to explain further if you have any more questions. Feel free to take it to consumer protection if you are not happy or you don't know who to believe as they are a third party there to help when you are not sure if you have been jipped or not. I am happy to provide further information to them if required and Sean prob still has your tune from October on his laptop.

Thanks

Nic

Allstar Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
No offence Russ, but what we did was replace the AFM and did a power run. It made 177hp with the tune untouched in the PFC which indicated that it was tuned on a faulty AFM.

Also, there was a restrictor in the T, placed in the wrong direction, which should not be there.
I highlighted the parts you chose not to read.

http://kap.industries/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUSSGT For This Useful Post:
BOMB3R (04-12-2012), jEstEr? (04-02-2013)