Thread: 07 wrx tune
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

You need to remember, you are presenting information that long standing members have never heard of or seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMY01Owen View Post
In some cases the customer might ask for a dyno plot representing a low rpm launch.
I've never seen a dyno graph of someone wanting a low rpm launch. Can you provide any information where someone has received this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMY01Owen View Post
Bear in mind that some people do use the accelerator before they engage the clutch and this will result in more than idle torque at takeoff.
I would be very concerned about a power run where the clutch is released at 2500rpm to generate maximum torque.

I would advise learning more of how a hubpack dyno works. With the ramp rate, the car will be in 4th gear and idling along under 2000rpm before the operator presses the accelerator. Clutch and starting a graph at 2500rpm just doesn't come into it.

A dyno plot should always start out low, build up to maximum and then taper off. Any graph that doesn't show these items must be questioned.

The shape and time to achieve maximum torque is the most valued part of the dyno graph. Not receiving this means you have very little information on what your car is doing.

Whilst you have said there is some information to show mid range and top end power, without the starting point it is meaningless.