Thread: 07 wrx tune
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hey Kato,

1) Curtin University. Class of 1999. Head of Dept Rangan.
I will not provide anymore personal info in a public forum.
Couple of founding members of P.WRX can verify this. One of them is
XRW 147 who I met, when I was doing my second degree in accounting, after the former degree.

2) I did my tuning training in the LA and was also taught by HKS Yuji Kaibara both here and in Japan. That is my little background.

3) It is 10:45am, I am in the middle of work.

4) That is Tony's graph on the Dynapack. Have to wait for him to get his car back in to print scaled forum friendly one.

5) Be happy to discuss more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Happy to discuss on the forums so everyone can learn. That is the whole purpose of it.

Discussing in person only benefits the two people discussing it.

I am happy to be corrected on anything that I have said being wrong. I know I am wrong or lacking in knowledge on a great deal of topics concerning tuning. It is not my day to day activity, which is why I ask those who do it on a regular basis to increase my knowledge. The whole purpose of the forum is to discuss and from the collective group of knowledge we can all learn more.

So far when I have tried to discuss area under the curve in multiple threads, you refuse to listen or come up with such strange things (area above the curve for instance) that a lot of people are questioning your engineering background. Like I have said, these topics are very basic and covered in great detail in many books.

I am not sure why you do not wish to discuss these items in greater detail to help the whole community out.

I also do not know why you have not just reprinted Tony's original graph from your dyno for it to be uploaded here. The only response we currently get is to come see you at your shop. I have been to your shop numerous times and discussed parts with you numerous times. This is helpful, but only helps me and not the community.