View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

I'm entered in this coming round. I'm really looking forward to it
Just to reply to some of this earlier stuff:
First off, thanks to those people that noticed that result. I can't believe anyone's paying attention, actually... I just see myself as slower than 15 people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Farking hell Alex, hurry up and get yourself a quicker car so we can actually see what you can do!
House > car at this point Sam. Trust me, I want no material item more than a capable car at this moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
Great job Alex !! Beat quite a few Targa competitors/drivers too ! Would be great if you could get your car up to showroom class and have entry sponsorship for Targa sometime soon.
I wouldn't try Targa in this car. I will one year, but in a decent car.
And who would want to sponsor a mid-pack guy anyway? Maybe if I ever beat Doug in a Rallysprint round he'll sponsor me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
Alex, what happened run 3? just a reccy lap? :P
Great job!
I'm not 100% familiar with the grip limits of the ADVAN 050 tyres yet, having had them only 4 months. On that occasion I went into a turn too hard and the left-front wheel took a curb fairly hard (but thankfully a slanted one) so I took it slow back to base to assess the damage. I needed an alignment but otherwise it's all good.
Mark Greenham (who put his own Evo in Pos 1) was co-driver for that run and said it felt a lot worse than what the damage would indicate.

Actually I was lucky enough to be co-driver for a couple of Mark's runs and I can say that my measurement of what is 'fast' was reset by his car. Insane.
Fantastic driver, too.

Catchas Thursday!