View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by specwarop View Post
What about insurance concerns? If it passes the pits then you crash it, what will the insurance company say?
My car is financed and a requirement of that is to be fully insured. Would kick my arse if I did have an accident and the insurance company decided not to pay out. Leaving me without a car and still in considerable debt....
To be sure ring them and disclose all your mods. If you haven't disclosed them and they feel these mods had a bearing on the incident then they have a right to decline due to non-disclosure. You have a duty of disclosure when taking out any insurance policy.

INSURANCE CONTRACTS ACT 1984 - SECT 21

The insured's duty of disclosure

(1) Subject to this Act, an insured has a duty to disclose to the insurer, before the relevant contract of insurance is entered into, every matter that is known to the insured, being a matter that:

(a) the insured knows to be a matter relevant to the decision of the insurer whether to accept the risk and, if so, on what terms; or

(b) a reasonable person in the circumstances could be expected to know to be a matter so relevant.

(2) The duty of disclosure does not require the disclosure of a matter:

(a) that diminishes the risk;

(b) that is of common knowledge;

(c) that the insurer knows or in the ordinary course of the insurer's business as an insurer ought to know; or

(d) as to which compliance with the duty of disclosure is waived by the insurer.

(3) Where a person:

(a) failed to answer; or

(b) gave an obviously incomplete or irrelevant answer to;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!