Thread: 07 wrx tune
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
That's great, but obviously assumptions have to be made.

If i asked: How do you calculate how much hp you will run @WOT with just 10deg advance at 30degC air temp? Then in this case, it will be different..
Yes of course it changes it. Just saying that it is possible to base an estimate off a compressor map.

Just to be clear - estimate only. Change a variable and you have to recalculate it like anything else in the world.

As you said above you can't tell 90% of a TUNE from a dyno printout of WOT. You can estimate 90% of the vehicle's PERFORMANCE from a dyno printout, cause hey when you are wanting performance you are at WOT.

I don't disagree that hp is not essential, but as you keep repeating it is determined from the torque and rpm. So wouldn't looking at the torque graph be wise as a starting point since the hp is calculated from the torque?

On your Ducati plot, it is showing x-axis torque, z-axis rpm and y-axis ??? Is that meant to be BSFC? Is this a factory tune or aftermarket? There is a "flat spot" till a certain rpm (I can't read the axis label) so is this maximising or allowing for low rpm throttle control for take off/stability control/launch control? Since most of us are familiar with AWD cars, I am trying to eliminate variables specific to a bike.

Great discussion btw.