View Single Post
Old 19-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

This is the one thing I find funny about this whole situation. (And again it is your money so go right ahead and do whatever you want, none of us will try stop you)

You are going to drop I would say somewhere around $20,000 all up (parts and labour) if you are to do this properly. Somewhere close to $25-30K if you did it with late model STI stuff. Thats why generally the people that do these sort of conversions carry out the work themselves, to learn and to save thousands and thousands of dollars on labour, not pay someone to do it.

Then when all is said and done in 1, 2, 3, or 5 years time you want to sell your car and buy a new one (who knows, maybe you get knocked up and are due to pop a kid out or something, and you need a soccer mum's car).
Then you will need to sell your red RX. Yes it will still be an 1994 RX with a conversion, not an STI. So you will probably get about 7 or 8 K for it.

If you sell now, you have 4 grand in your hand (guessing).
Spend anther $20K and you own a mint condition low-ish KM 05 STI with 207, brembo's, 6 speed DCCD gearbox, paintwork and body condition will be in good nick. better PCD, nicer interior, pretty much the works! It is also likely the previous owner would have done exhaust, tune and probably whiteline goodies before you even buy it too. so you are pretty much good to go straight away with no money to be spent....
Not to mention it would make a shit load better and more comfy daily driver as the car would be only 7 years old (not 18 years old)....

And yes this car is actually worth $25,000, not $8,000 when you are finished with it. So you can insure it for more than what it is worth (god forbid you actually crash it).

People here are trying to help you understand that you would be a lot happier in the long run if you make the hard (but smart) decision now to sell your car.

Also because Perth WRX is the awesome place that it is, they will also help you with parts and knowledge should you choose to go the other (not so smart) route.

Just my 2 cents, I will leave you be to waste your money now...

Last edited by REXXXED; 19-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.