View Single Post
Old 19-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Vendor

row011 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
Just for the sake of clarity, can you expand on this a little? In my former job I was qualified in all forms of radar & laser that operated at the time; and from my training, the larger the angle deviated from the line of the road, the greater was the cosine error.
With your former job being a police officer? - you would of been told or by your own research discovered how the cosine error can benefit the driver, not the operator. The further the distance from the angle of 0 to the moving target, the less accurate the true speed reading becomes as it displays a speed less than the actual speed of the moving target.

While LIDAR guns lock on to a certain point to obtain a single speed reading after multiple calculations they are effect by the cosine error, the Poliscan operates significantly differently to a conventional lidar gun in the sense it scans from side to side in a sweeping motion the amount of times per second this occurs varies depending on traffic density. The Poliscan does not lock onto a certain area of the car, but rather calculates the speed of a moving target multiple times based off positioning and vehicle width using intelligent software algorithms design by the manufacture. As a result, the Poliscan is not effect by the Cosine error.

www.radarsdirect.com.au

www.facebook.com/RadarsDirect