View Single Post
Old 20-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Having done a build on my almost worthless GC - I can see where these guys are coming from. I could've sold, and bought an 05 STi. But I didn't like how the GDs felt or drove.

I like the simplicity of my model. The feel of the car. I'd owned it for 4yrs before I built it, put 80 000kms on it and taken it around WA. My car is my pride and joy, I wouldn't sell it for double what it's worth. I've sunk over 45k in total into it, including purchase price - and wouldn't change that if I was given the option. It's probably worth 15k now, if that.
I know the history of my car, and everything that has gone onto/into it.

Pipe dreams can be silly - but they can also be a reality, if you want it enough. Recently I read all my initial posts in 2008 about what I wanted to do with the car. And as unrealistic as they were at the time, they have all become a reality.

So give Kat some slack - her car is obviously her passion, and even if what she wants to do seems unrealistic or stupid, it's her choice and her responsibility. Most of the time the journey is more important than the end result. Motorsport and cars are not a cheap hobby, whatever way you look at it.

That said, 300hp cannot be done on a 2L without bulk lag and a big turbo, ie TD06.
250-280 is plenty of power for a GC anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jezza For This Useful Post:
steve-lang (20-12-2012)