View Single Post
Old 22-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Stoffa at standard level

A little update, after driving my new setup for a while I wasn't happy with the response down low, so after a little research on factory cam timing I ended up setting my timing back to the factory settings hoping I would move my torque curve to the left. As soon as it was up on the dyno (dynapak hub) my tuner had to pull heaps of fuel out of the top end and I lost 10% of my overall power. ended up on 220kw atw (probably around 190-200kw on aussie dynos), so I decided at that power I may as well run a factory turbo and be on boost nice and early.
So pulled the pin on the retune and right place right contacts, I picked up a 40,000km VF36 off a freshly imported engine, I'll end up running twin scroll when I can find a factory set of headers but in the mean time ill just bolt my ported P20 on it and retune.

This will at least rule out anything else causing my setup to spool late. I have a feeling my ported factory exhaust manifold is choking things up high in the rev range and not making full advantage of my ported heads and you really need to get a back cut turbine spinning hard to make it work well.
Once ive got the twinscroll manifold I'll try my modified turbo as a VF36 18G with the P25 housing.

heres a pick of my front lip I intstalled yesterday

Last edited by Stoffa; 22-12-2012 at 05:35 AM.