View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Buckets at standard level

I've signed up to PWRX to try and clarify a few things regarding the Racewars entry.

I'm the person who sent the email asking for some information on the vehicle to Catherine and have sent a subsequent email to her clarifying the reason behind the email.

There are 3 people "running" this event both of whom have already posted and I agree with their sentiments completely. We are concerned about this vehicle (and a few others that have entered, who will be or have already received a similar email) but we sent the email not to pick on or humiliate the entrant but to try and work with you to ensure their vehicle is safe & suitable to enter.

Lets get a few facts straight, I wrote the event regulations and I'm currently writing some additional regulations in order to ensure that everyone has a clear understanding of the standards required to enter. We wrote these regs not to discriminate against people but to ensure they are in safe and suitable cars and more importantly so we could get insurance coverage for our event. We can't afford to take any chances or increase our risk profile in anyway. Under no circumstances will a vehicle that is unsafe be allowed to race during our event. The ongoing viability of our event relies on us ensuring everyone enjoys themselves but also goes home in one piece. Like Brockas said safety is our #1 priority !

I think giving her a heads up that we're going to require some further information on her vehicle (and giving her a large window of time to provide it) was the right thing to do. Would you rather we said nothing and allowed her to possibly face the scrutineers with a reasonable chance of not passing and only a week to sort it out ?

Catherine what we or anyone think of your car is not relevant to this event or situation. You have my email outlining the information we're going to require and you also have the information on what your options are if you are unable to meet these requirements.

Regards
Jonathan Murray
Event Coordinator
Email: jon@antilagmotorsport.com.au
Web: Antilag Racewars | 6-7 April 2013 Wyalkatchem Aerodrome
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AntilagRaceWars
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckets For This Useful Post:
Tiigga (07-01-2013), TROLLEY (07-01-2013)