View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Joshiemitsu at standard level
Default Stolen- laptop, car keys, attempted car theft

Hi all,

About 1:50pm this afternoon a friend and I left his place in Melville/Freo area to get Subway for lunch.
In the 15 minutes we were out someone had broken into his house and stolen my laptop, power pack, mouse and car/house keys.
I went outside to check the car- it was unlocked and my gps was thrown onto the ground under the car... These theirs obviously couldn't work the immobiliser and/or find the correct key to start the car as I have a lot of keys on my keychain and the car key is non-descript.

The weird thing is they stole only my keys and laptop, leaving everything else untouched(a 2nd laptop was sitting next to mine and they didn't touch it- not to mention the 10's of thousands worth of other electrical devices around the house in plain view) this leads me to believe they knew exactly what they were after- the car.

Police have been informed (2:15pm) and said forensics would come over to inspect etc
It is now 10:15pm and no sign of the police. I disconnected the battery in the car but tried to leave everything untouched as per police instruction.
I am hesitant to leave the car out the front unsecured( they have he keys & immobiliser button), but don't want to move it until the police arrive- if they do...

Does anyone have any advice on how I could better to secure it- all they have to do is connect a battery at 2am in the morning and the dak dak is all theirs...
Am i wasting my time waiting for the 5-0? Is it illegal to just leave the scene of crime and take my car to a secure location?

Any advice appreciated!