View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armythug View Post
I pissed a lady off really bad today. A cat bus stopped to pick people up and I did not overtake the bus. I just don't do it. Man I thought the driver behind me was going to kill me. They were pissed off. The whole scenario took about a minute or less.

My take on it is that if I tried to overtake the bus and cause an accident or hit a pedestrian, it's all on me. The person behind me would not have my back or help me pay for the damages. Either way all that abuse I took got me fired up. But I kept my cool. No need to go to jail for killing the lady behind me.
In WA you are not required to stop to allow passengers to enter/exit a public transport vehicle. Where as in Victoria you are with a tram stopping on a road.

As long as you could overtake the bus, with due care and not crossing a solid white line, you should have.

Perth drivers are always pretty poor. Unfortunately, your inaction perhaps via ignorance contributed to that poor driving.

Thankfully you didn't get fired up and conceal and carry permits don't exist in AUS.