View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013, 10:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bridantay at standard level
Default Not sure if scam or just stupid

Soo I'm looking to revamp my WRX and have been hunting for a half cut, so was eager to buy a 99 STI advertised for wrecking on Gumtree. So I email the guy asking if he wants to sell whole and he comes back saying throw me an offer.

My response is what K's has it done and whats the driveline like (has some damage on the side.

No response from email.

So i call the guy and he wants a min of 5k and he is waiting for his insurance to release the car next week.

see pic of add below

So cruising through pickles auctions I see below

Hang on a cotton picking minute, thats the same damn picture

SMS the dude asking whats going on, he says its definately his he bought it back and he is waiting for it to be released from insurance.

So I call pickles, its an insurance write off and is definately for auction.

Ok so the dude or pickles is wrong no biggie.

But then the next day there is an advert for an 02 STI, same guy and whats more that car is up on pickles as well. According to pickles that was going for auction that day and now the advert for that one on Gumtree is gone.

I dont know if the guy is scamming deposits or trying to pre sell parts before bidding in the auction. But he is lying through his teeth and totally put me off the car now. Im not even going to bother chasing on Pickles.

Does anyone on here know it? Are they aware of someone else claiming its theirs???

Last edited by Bridantay; 17-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.