View Single Post
Old 19-01-2013, 11:45 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Appreciate the constructive input from early posters, but more recent posts... What is this, Troll City?

If it was a $70 chair (like my first one), it would be sitting out on the verge right now. But it wasn't. Maybe some of you don't have to feed a family of 7, service a mortgage etc... but I don't consider it unreasonable that a $300 chair should last a fair bit longer than 2 years.... My huge-arsed solid wood dining table and 10 chairs only cost me a grand, all in perfect condition and over 4 years old now.

Booga and DAN682, that's what is called fraud, and a criminal offence. Dunno if I would be comfortable admitting this on a public forum. Refer Section 409 Criminal Code.

As for the chair itself, went into OfficeWorks and they actually sell a universal fit gas-lift (for most chairs) as a stock item off the shelf for $9.98. So, I'm all good now, ten bucks is even cheaper than the cost of extended warranty.

So, before you chuck that otherwise good chair onto the verge for hard waste collection, remember that a new gas-lift could save you a lotta $$$ for chair replacement.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
The Following User Says Thank You to westoz For This Useful Post:
gorotsuki69 (20-01-2013)