View Single Post
Old 25-01-2013, 07:30 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
This has been debated before & concrete wins everytime. In case you missed the previous debate is was something like this:

* drive to your limits
* don't push yourself
* drive like a pussy
* if you make a mistake, suck it loser
* if something breaks, sucked in
* grass is more important to protect than your head, neck, car
* blah, blah, blah...
I was around, but a debate usually entails 2 sides unlike your account above..
And I think some of your loser / sucked in comments are probably unnecessary and not really constructive to your original point..

Hey, I agree, we gravel rallied for many years and it only takes the smallest error to end in tears (been there, but I still maintain average notes.....). I'm the first believer in driving on your limits & only pushing if you can afford to bin your car...personally I make more mistakes trying to drive at 7/10th's than I do driving at 11/10th's, but that's me...

I'm a big advocate for safe Motorsport & a big fan of getting new people into the sport I love and am passionate about. I helped run a youth rally team after being a participant many years ago.. Rallysprints & tuning session like RAC are perfect for Daily's to get out there and have a go.. More the better I think...

My point is, last time I went along (the night Tarmac lost his car due to a barrier on exit to a corner, protecting the grass) they had too many barriers that could have easily have been replaced with plastic barriers..

All my opinion... Happy for anyone to disagree, I'll still sleep tonight...