View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

lachy294 at standard level
Default Blowing the dipstick out? :S

Hi All,

Just looking for some pointers/information if anyone has anything.

Went for a spirited drive yesterday evening with a few mates, got probably 10-15 km down the road and heard something starting to rattle (metal bouncing on metal). This was after a few 3rd/4th gear "pulls" in that section. Drove probably 0.5 to 1 km more to let it cool down a bit (light throttle pretty much rolling) and was still there so pulled over and the car had blow the dipstick out... it had sprayed a small amount of oil over the top of the block, manifold and intercooler pipe similar to what it did when i had issues at Rallysprint in July. Forgot to check if the catch can was full or not too unfortunately. Put it back in and kept driving and didn't have any issues there after but i didn't push it and did check it regularly.

So, as far as i understand it, it should just be blow by, right? How much is acceptable? Should I be worried and what should I be checking or am i just being over cautious? (I hope I'm just being over cautious). I also just dont want this to happen at a track event like No Limits and do some serious damage. As I'm really not wanting to spend $$$$ on a new engine but if doing something prevents me having to do that I'd like to hear it.

Oh and when I tried to search some information about it, it will only run of the word blow because by is to short, and from the looks of it there are a lot of threads that blow .

Thanks all,
Lachy