View Single Post
Old 23-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

kody at standard level
Default my97 wrx immobiliser removal

i can see how dodgy this would sound, but i need to either remove or bypass my standard key immobiliser. ive just completed a jdm engine swap into my adm rex and after 6 days of headaches and failure re earthing and re wiring nearly my entire car, im lead to believe that the only other reason that im not getting power or ground to my ecu, (which is stopping my fuel pump priming and pumping and my plugs from sparking) is the fact that my immobiliser isnt allowing power or earth to reach or leave the unit to contact the relays and sensors.

i have manually earthed each individual ecu ground wire and put 12v to the main 12v ecu sources but the ecu is still not allowing power out to the relays. since doing this i now have a CEL (which indicates my ecu is recieving power) and my immobiliser light is flashing now when the key is turned to the on position. (it usually turns on when the key is off and off when in start position.)

so basically im thinking (previous to me re earthing and re powering the ecu) that somehow the jdm motor isnt allowing my key to disconnect the immobiliser so the ecu is just sitting there like a vegetable not recieving or sending any signals at all.

as you can see im in one hell of a pickle and would appreciate any input on my crappy situation!

thanks kindly