View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
That doesn't seen like much power. That torque is frickin rad though!!
I've never been into high HP dyno numbers Dave. The torque is where it's at. It's constantly pulling 18 Psi + now and I'd suggest making both more HP and torque than the dyno graph which has max boost at approx 16psi. Last night with 25 degree intake it felt like the proverbial freight train. Just so strong throughout the rev range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
congrats Andrew
firstly...that turbo needs more boost to make it come alive...dont be weak son
next....remove the hideous oem muffler restirction and you will get some nice improvements as well
plent more to be had without spending a fortune
Seems the car is developing more boost on its own Dave. It regularly shows 18.5Psi on the data scan. That's a 9% increase over the dyno boost maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
ha ha more boost = KABOOM!!!

Having said that mine is running the least amount of boost possible, with the WG fully open it won't do less than 17psi.

I do wonder how long it would last with 24psi though
Although I know you can't directly apportion an increase in boost to power/torque figures but if you did I'm pushing approx 9% more boost so that could translate to approx 260Hp/405Nm.

Last night travelling home from the basketball it certainly felt like those sort of power/torque numbers. Simply awesome shove in the back on boost which just kept on going. 25 degree intake temps helped I'm sure.