View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Ok, so I have been pretty quiet the last uh .. 2+ years with this car. I was over people going OMG IS IT FIXED YET ?!?, I got sick of the car, and also I picked up a new hobby, snowboarding which costs money

A once famous man (I can't remember who) said "It doesn't matter how slow you go, but you must never stop fapping" and in the vein (heh, vein) I have been fapping away slowly at this project for the last two years, buying a part here, coming up with an idea there. But for the most part I have been shutting up about it, as I didn't want to be that guy going "I am going to quad turbo a h6 huhuhuh" and never do it. So now that I have a healthy collection of parts together and have more of an idea what the car will be, I am spamming some stuff about it.

So this is where we left off the story last time. The car had "problems". The problems started when I had my catch can setup wrong. The car ingested some oil and had a ping attack. Everyone said "she'll be right". I started it one day, and heard a familiar noise, one I had heard many times before at a certain workshop, a familiar off-beat cranking noise. I pointed it out to other people and they told me I was imagining things.

Against a few peoples advice, I spat the dummy, put it into the back of Tuna's shed and decided i would leave it "for 6 months" in the corner, so it could think about what it had done. To add insult to injury, when pushing it into this position I cracked one of my purchased-brand-new JDM sti tail lights. Sigh.

After some time of ignoring the car, we eventually did this

Imagining things ....

At this point, I returned everything to the naughty corner and went snowboarding for 2 weeks in Japan. To fund this, I sold some parts off the car (DMS40 coilovers, roll cage, speedline's, enkies')

For some reason I can't remember, the car was moved outside for a few days. While the car was outside one day ( several months later...) the local natives decided to graffiti it. Luckily they never decided to look inside or brick / torch anything

Finally, to add retardation to double retardation, I let the cars rego lapse, so long that I also had to pay a fine. I had a blown motor and an unregistered shell. I had a cry. I went snowboarding for a month in Japan. I had just about had enough.

But slowly, looking at parts, fapping, I started to build the stoke again. I still had a decent selection of parts (albeit missing a few important ones). I started looking around and saw Bugeye's going for $8-9k. I thought about putting my ecu, brakes, gearbox into an MY10 and keeping it a street car. But I always kept coming back to it - A GC5 with a late model engine.

Last edited by jEstEr?; 14-03-2013 at 12:58 AM.