View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

OK so I was collecting parts, but at the end of the day, I still had an unregistered GX shell sitting in the shed. I considered getting it registered, but after thinking it over, I decided the shell was a waste of time. It would be tough to get it over the pits, there were holes in the floor and rear wheel arches from where the bolt in cage had been. Where paint had been flaking off (people who have been around long enough will remember my famous sheep) was now rusting. It had also a little bit of rust when I picked it up, which was much more extensive than i knew at the time.

This bad boy extends into the parcel shelf, and was apparently due to a badly fitted windscreen

The sill area of the car was also damaged, mostly by me jacking the car up in a hurry, but also Dave (Saint_23) dropping the car on a jack stand once. Yeah, I still remember pal.

So yeah, I decided the shell was junk, especially with the vandalism to also sort out.

Ass.

So mid last year I purchased another car. What better to replace a FWD auto white MY93 GC5 Impreza GX with no rego? A FWD auto white MY93 GC5 Impreza GX with rego!

Deal was done on a car that a P plate chick owned, she had rear ended a dude and only had 3rd party. I ended up buying it for substantially less than the excess she had to pay out for the other guys car. The majority of the panels would be replaced / upgraded anyway and the damage wasn't too bad. She told me it wouldn't start and she'd had it towed and the engine was dead etc. We hooked up some jumper leads, cranked it, and much to her disbelief drove it onto the car trailer