View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Calmac8360 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Wow, I know exactly where you are coming from as I was just in the same situation. How much do I spend? Where do I stop? I originally was looking for a 09-10 STI. Figured the car had done the worst of its depreciating and I got the full blown race spec.

To be truthful what I found was they don't depreciate 14% each year for the first 2 years like most cars and the extras were just over kill. Really depends on if u want / need from your car. a daily, a sunday driver or a project?

By the time crunched the numbers and all the crap I settled on a 13 WRX S Edition.
Had all the fruit, no previous owners and a good drive away price, compared to a second hander. Basically the same performance and output as an STI but without the go-cart suspension. But hey each to their own. I wanted a daily for winter and I am not a huge fan of mods or screwing round with cars.
I agree here in principle.....sorta !

I have a 13 WRX. Im very happy with my purchase. I had the opportunity
To have an extended drive of a friends 08/09 STI and while the go fast bits
6 speed and extra strength in the build of the motor are unquestionably a big step up over the WRX...IMO didn't didn't translate to much for the
daily driver who likes on occasional fang. If I was doing regular track days the benefits of the STI are undeniable. On that basis I decided on a new WRX rather than an older STI. I'd like to replicate some of the suspension improvements, WRX handles like a boat.....but again for the day to
day grind its comfortable and seems to feel a little better with a bit of pace and
commitment.

I couldn't afford a new STI at the time of buying my WRX but if funds were no issue I'd have bought one without a doubt.

Regards