View Single Post
Old 30-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Sir AntiLag

macmillionare at standard level

Update time!!

The car is stripped and ready for dry ice when I can get my hands on some!
I've pulled out the AC Compressor, radiator as well as the onboard fan motor, evaporator and all of the plastic plumbing on the dash. No real weight gains achieved by pulling the pipes out, just looks tidier and is easier to work with!

I'm thinking of mounting the ECU where the evaporator used to be right on top of the bell housing and I'm planning to make a switch panel (don't know which material to use) in the middle of the dash where the air con controls/vents used to be.

The plan is to make it as minimalist as possible. Nothing which doesn't need to be there etc. I'm contemplating removing the two metal uprights on the dash support bar. They don't seem to be particularly load bearing at all and the dash sits pretty firmly in place at the moment. Bad Idea maybe? I dunno

It's amazing how much shit you can pull out, especially since this is from '95, a year when cars were relatively simplistic compared to modern times. If you see anything you want on the pile let me know and I'll do you sunset price! (most probably free as long as you agree to take more junk to the tip with you!!)

OMP 6 point Harnesses, OMP TRS seats, harness bar, Odyssey battery, Walbro 255lph fuel pump and brake cylinder stopper will be arriving next week and I'm currently working out how I'm going to mount the seats. Looking at buying some OMP model specific bases but still not too sure what's the best way to go about it!

If you have better ideas than me feel free to share and I'll put your username on my door in wishlist form
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Top Speed:[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Depends on how fast I can push it[/COLOR]

05 WRX wagon daily driven