View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Scoobie Noobie

TassieMY00 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsdh View Post
Get a voltage tester and put it over the battery to see if its drawing current whilst off. Try turning on other things like aircon or radio or interior lights whilst reading current to confirm its not something else that's been affected by the install.

If you don't have a voltage tester just pull off a terminal on the battery and put it back on slowly and look for small sparks = drawing current.

Had a similar issue with my last car, when aircon was turned to face only it flattened the battery in a similar time.
I tested with a voltage tester and yes it slowly goes down with everything turned off.

I took it to another place called Autocraft and they reckoned it was the stereo setup. I run a big sub and 2 huge amps so they did a setup with another battery in the boot and a RedArc between both batteries so the stereo runs off the boot battery and recharges itself when the car is going thru the redarc and main battery.

Still went flat after some days of sitting, so its pretty much not the stereo stuff either.

Regarding the air con, i pretty much only have it set to face, but surely once the car is off the ac turns off too?