View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [MPS 3] View Post
Cat was down at the drags last night driving the wheels off the RX.
not really I was taking it relatively easy because I didn't want to break anything,launching at 2000-3000 rpm and shifting before 6000rpm, when it was N/A I would lauch it at 6000rpm and shift just before redline and It never failed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3 RA View Post
Ouch.

Would like to know the cause. I hope you sorted those initial issues out first before smashing it at the drags.
Yeah the other problems had been fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Oops! Hope you are covered somehow Cat. Though after a drags nights I doubt Fats will be too sympathetic.
I wouldn't be covered for motorsport anyway and I wouldn't expect any sympathy as things always break on tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Saw the car down at S-Technic earlier.. I've heard concrete mixers filled with bolts sound better :-( So sad to hear Cat, hope you're all good?
Sounds like it has soul

But honestly at the moment I feel like shit and I've lost it a couple of times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
Shit aye.

You mentioned on antilag that "this time I'll go a 207".
Please tell me it's going to be a factory installed 207 in a 02-05 sti.
we'll see, I've got to make some important decisions these next couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Maybe the "80,000km" old V3 sti had a few more k's...
the V4 sti ra halfcut had 64,000km on the speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Fixed

20 bucks says the cost so far would of bought Fletts car with change for tune by now.

Live and learn.
8 grand for the conversion including the new rims,tyres and butler exhaust so not to bad.

Well honestly I'm devastated about this, I only had it for one day while it was running well and now I have a fucked car although I'm still kinda glad I had the conversion done, anyway engines die, electrical components fail, It happens so I'm not blaming anyone for it. I just seem to be having a string of bad luck lately and it will probably continue if I keep this car and I have accepted that.

Anyone that wants to say "I told you so" feel free to as I should have listened but as I said I'm glad the conversion has been done and now I can advise others who want to convert their shitty rx/lx/gx not to and show them my failure and save someone.

So I will be deciding what to do with this car over the next couple of weeks, my heart says keep it and rebuild but my brain is saying burn the fucker and move on....
I guess some good news is at least I'm starting my new job on Monday and I'm quite happy with the wage so it won't take long to save up some money and then decide to buy a new car or rebuild.

Regards Catherine

Owner of a dok dok