View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
STI Master

MY00GC8 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
cheers for the corcern guys, I know it sucks all this work and waiting then this happens, oh well I'll get over it.... eventually

after the first issues arose a vipec ecu was going to be fitted but then the guys said it would be easier to fit the power fc from their v4 sti and it went to asg and they checked it and everything was working correctly and apparently it was running really well for what it had.

Hi Matt

I got the car back Wednesday morning and it was running sweet so I thought I would go to the motorplex to get practice for racewars this weekend, I did a few runs and it was fun because I actually beat someone, after that I started hearing a slight tapping noise and I thought it was the exhaust hitting the rear so I thought nothing of it(bad mistake)

Then on my final run it went down the straight well, I got a low 15 and as I drove back down through the snakepit and the noise got louder and something went pop and it was squeaking,squealing,rattling and making other horrible noises so I had to baby it back to the carpark with everyone looking at me with that "oh shit" look on there faces and I called a tow truck because there was no way I was driving it home.

This morning I called Stechnic and asked if they could have a quick look at it, I got it towed there and started it up and within 2 seconds Damien said turn it off, it has big end failure and my heart sunk It still runs but as Mitch stated it sounds like shite.
I will be considering getting a 207 instead of rebuilding but I need time to decide what I will do.

Anyway good news, I will still be going to racewars but just to watch,enjoy the atmosphere and to go to the saturday night party so I will just strap a sleeping bag to my bike and ride there tomorrow evening
Just to confirm, was it retuned with the power fc fitted?
^^^ beat me to it!