Thread: New Toy
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

Sharpy.au at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_92 View Post
Always been a fan of this car! I'm guessing you've seen the one kicking around with the plates [GOTHAM].
Yeah it's pretty mental car, a lot of the panels are replaced with carbon fibre and it's got a Gotham racing supercharger kit from the states (hence the plates) which puts out around 260hp at the wheels or something, which for a ~900kg car is quick. Apparently he is considering trading it in for the new exige S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDrifter View Post
Awesome, perfect colour and awesome track car :P how practical us it compared to the sti ?
To be honest not really any less practical. It's got air con, power windows etc. As far as bumps and stuff go the STI was pretty stiff and this one (the series 3) is about the same, no worse anyway. It's faster, more readily available power thanks to the super charger and it doesn't attract the negative attention the Rex did on full noise so has a lot of bonuses too. Obviously it's only 2 seats, is very low and some people have trouble getting in and out (it's awesome watching girls in short skirts trying to get in and out ) and it's got very limited boot space. None of which is really an issue for me. The one thing which is going to be tricky is where to park it, I'll be way to precious to just park it at the shops next to big 4wd's and stuff so I'll take another car for things like that.

They've come along way since the series 1 where it was rough as guts, leaked water through the roof etc etc so are a lot more practical nowadays

Last edited by Sharpy.au; 12-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.