View Single Post
Old 16-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Scoobie Noobie

my0six at standard level

Hello all, my06 owner from QLD here, just reading up...

I have the same issue, but jsut wanting to confirm I'm giving the right diagnosis before I start replacing stuff, as I'm considerably broke at the moment.

Not long ago, I noticed that when I clicked my driver's side window switch, it would not respond... and then later it would. So I'd been dealing with this delay (usually only presented at perfect moments, like fast food drive thrus, RBTs) for a while, just appreciating that sometimes my window worked and sometimes it didn't.

Then, a month ago, the thing got stuck down. I was winding it down and I heard the motor starting to slow, then eventually it stopped. I ended up pulling the door trim of and whacking the motor with a hammer until it was all the way up (yes, fantastic method).

With limited knowledge, I tested the switch and it was giving me 12volts one way and neg12volts the other way, so I just assumed that my motor was shagged.

Now however, I'm starting to think that maybe a dodgy switch caused my motor to burn out???

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated, I know this is a Perth forum, but I get around these forums a bit...

Kindest regards, my0six