Thread: dam alarm
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bandit at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
The Brant is still armed, the siren is off only.
The bonnet switch was rusty
If this doesn't give it away ^^^...

When the switch is in that condition, it is quite common for the cold/moist mornings to play a part in car alarms falsing. Doesn't matter if it's Brant, Autowatch, Cyclops etc.. First thing I'd replace the bonnet switch, and check that the new one is properly adjusted. The bonnet needs to put enough pressure on it to move, but not for it to bend as well. I don't remember flipping switches on the circuit board having anything to do with identifying/diagnosing faulty door switches and specifically which one, as the alarm module reads it from a common wire (like that one that goes to your interior light.) It's worth trying the bonnet switch thing for a few days, then go from there. If it still false alarms, next try disconnecting the pressure/impact sensor - from memory we use to position the sensor module in near the drivers side kick panel. It has been years now since I was fitting these, but I'll keep an eye out for any literature I may still have lying around the house somewhere (in case my memory is failing me...).