View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Bit of a review on some Hawke DTC-30 brake pads from Wolf Racing (on here as a vendor)

Previous pads, Bendix ultimates, QFM AR1Ms.

Pads all round $445 delivered to the south west, which was fine, but 10 working days for delivery is worth keeping in mind, 3 days from Perth, but delivery was free (inc) so not to bad.

Fitting, after the QFM, these were a breeze, as per above comments, I had to file the "paint" off the side of the QFM pads for them to fit, the Hawkes fitted straight in, not that the filing was a problem, couple of minutes and same same.

Bedding in, all easy to do and no issues.

Today I drove up to Perth to get a bit of work to be done, the Hawkes were fitted and bedded in yesterday, along with DBA 4000 T3s on the fronts.

Initial thoughts, cold brakes first application at 5am on a foggy 10c, worked as good as the other pads, or even better.

In Perth traffic, I did find it a little hard to gently modulate the braking at say 20 kph to stop in the early morning traffic, but after a bit of practice, I had little issue, after the first say 10% of pressure you had all the braking you could want.

Noise, about 1 in four low speed applications made the look at me brake squeal, but as these are race pads, meh.

I did have a couple of "emergency" type stops, and at the front of the car, had little issue, more the worry, was the rear end, as the brakes stopped me in a hurry, probably faster than the car behind could achieve, except possibly Tino in his Fezza, chirping the front tyres, this hasn't happened with the other pads on the same tyres.

All in all, they offer strong braking, perhaps a bit to strong, if that's possible, but looking forward to TSW, and a track day any will provide info on what I find.

Dust, didn't check and not overly worried about this.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/