View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Taneeka1BRT at standard level
Default Major problems with anti hijacking security system

Hey guys, couldn't seem to find anything on this.. Drove my car home from work and went to turn the engine of when my security systems keypad started lighting up and beeping, I tried to re enter the code only it wouldn't allow me to use the buttons and enter anything. The alarm then started to go off. I turned the ignition back on and thankfully as it was on valet mode it allowed me to start the engine.

When I went to shut it off again the same thing happened. I tried shutting the doors and re opening them, didn't work and still couldnt use the keypad.

Someone suggested I disconnect the battery and hopefully this would reboot the system only that made things worse. Valet mode turned off and the alarm wouldn't stop going off and keypad still didn't allow me to enter a code, just kept lighting up.

Ended up disconnecting the battery again and have disconnected the screamer which is located in the engine bay (as this then wouldn't stop going off), but now I can't reconnect the battery because the alarm will keep going off and i cant even start the car now to take it somewhere.

Has anyone had this happen to them?? What's going on!!!?? Do you know who I can contact to come out and fix this or even remove the system all together as I need my car to drive again!! (data dot security system).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Taneeka