View Single Post
Old 17-05-2013, 09:07 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

django at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
I remember that era when people were going crazy for Sylvias and 180s.
WTF were they thinking? It's probably more that they were brand new!

What year are these things? I'm guessing around early 90's? So take for example a Subaru RS Liberty as a benchmark, they held their value exceptionally well, around the same age, were a $40k car when new and around 5 years ago were selling for $7000 to $10,000. They are still worth $4500 upwards.

Mine is 1993 ,the 180SX was produced from 1989, through to 1998( type X) I do really love the shape and handling on those things but I could never get mine to run right and the big letdown for me was = it chews tyres out within 6 months( soft compound) or 1 year ( hard compound). Mine has been lowered quite a lot by the previous owner and have been told by tyre shops that the 180SX / S13 are designed to crouch down at the rear on take off.

So with the substantial Lowering, the way the suspension on these works and my driving style it was rubbing out tyres in no time flat!. Its the only car I have ever owned that was so quick on tyre changes and ....I'm 40 years old now and owned numerous previous cars over the years, by far this was the most problematic!.

Last edited by django; 17-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.