Thread: First car GF8
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Gezza1er at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
Welcome mate!! Enjoy your stay!

On this note also, shoot me a pm if you happen to be interested in some 4/2 pot's Front & rear. Just removed from my 2006 WRX as I upgraded to Brembo's .
Thanks Slap Dash I may consider it. Would I need to change my master Cylinder over or would be okay. Not sure what I would need to change over. To work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Hey mate, Firstly welcome to Perth-WRX..and awesome 1st car (sure beats my 1971 1302s VW Beetle! Lol).

If I could offer you one important piece of advice, it would be to get to know your car before you make it more powerful. It may sound boring, and I may sound like your parents... but a stock WRX is still a very quick car.

Firstly make sure your tyres and brakes are up to scratch, don't skint on these as they make a massive difference, secondly go do some advanced driver training at the RAC in your own car.. you will learn about the cars limits as well as your own... then suspension and other handling mods should come first before more power.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Mitch

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
Thats a really good idead mitch I might go to a rac corse now you have given me some things to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Why?

Welcome, nice first car.

Spend time learning it on a skid pan etc, keep it safe.

Skid pan... that sounds fun yeah I be trying to keep it safe. ..heheb