View Single Post
Old 28-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Just a bit of an update on this...QFM wasn't at fault in what happened, they are good brakes for what they are, although I still rate the PMus better as nothing in this world can compare with PMus.

The issue was that MaximumMS grinded too much off the A1RMs and it was literally floating in the brake shoes...No wonder the pads were knocking around the pins, touching the rotors constantly while driving, and making horrible noise. There was about 4-5mm gap in there!

The paint off the PMus had to be taken off too but done properly it's less than a millimetre and sits snug in the Brembos!

When I took it back to MMS, I got the "what you want me to do about it" attitude and got fed some B*$hit about how the brembo pistons work thus creating the knocking, movement in the shoe, and constant sqeal without even touching the brake pedal! Biggest load of B*$hit I've ever heard, just wouldn't own up and say that too much was shaved off the pads.

They will say they don't like it when you bring your own parts, but ffs they told me to go get the QFMs and bring them in for fitting, I had no idea QFM even existed before then.
Obviously they didn't supply the part so they wouldn't take responsibility for messing it up.

Now don't get me wrong about MMS, this is just an unfortunate part of it, they did do a great job on the rest of the car with fitting the sways etc etc...
It's a good workshop but just the customer service/conscience is lacking and don't expect to get help if they fk something up. I will use them again depending on what I need done and with more thought.

Other tuners take more responsibility for what they do.

On the other hand, +1111s to GSL RallySport for following through with their customers on their purchases and assisting in every way possible, they care and make sure that you are happy and all is working well. They back their sales and customer service.
Also huge +1111111s to Mao like I mentioned in my previous post, great customer service, care, and knowledge.

Like I got told by other PWRX members - choose your tuner/mechanic before anything else!

Learning curves...seems like everyone has had these kind of issues somewhere somehow sometime...so I make peace with it now
Hold onto your flywheel! lolz