View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradw View Post
Thanks for your comments guys
I have read a few threads on the problem with piston ring falure and was warned about it by maximum Motorsport ... My car is always run on BP ultimate 98 and I am using castrol edge titanium 5W-30 a3/b4
So far so good No knocking noises , loss of power or smoke etc.. My plan was a cold air intake , exhaust , and tune... The car already has a after market exhaust on it but doesn't really have that deep throaty tone yet... I suspect is some form of tuned by sti exhaust ... or similar provided by the dealer
Can anybody suggest a workshop that where happy with and what kind of costs I would be up for and what kind of power gain I can espect and if there is any significate difference between verso and ekutek ?
Haha MMS talked me out of getting a tune because of CHOCOLATE PISTONS they said it's not worth it unless you plan on forging the motor properly.
ASG told me not to expect more than 25kw increase even with TBE and they basically turned me away??? This was only a couple of months ago by the way.