Thread: Car info 05 sti
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 AM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
You may not have heard, Gold/Copper/Nickel prices have all gone to shit and Iron Ore is slowly making it's way down too. From what I've heard, one of Australia's largest Gold mines - Telfer - has a very good (bad??) chance at being put into care & maintenance over the coming weeks/months. Telfer was already closed between 2000 and late 2004 so don't for a second think it won't happen!
Newcrest cuts jobs and spending in response to price drop | News.com.au
Yeah man, i couldn't get anything after September and most of friends are clinging on for dear life at their current jobs. Most of the exploration jobs got cut so everyone is either going back to school for a bit, studying something else, or moving o/s...like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
As fir the boom. Everyone needs to chill out. Wait until after the election. I'd say alot of the big companies are holding back their projects till after the election.
Doubt that will change much. It's getting expensive to produce in Australia, companies are looking to cut costs/expand less or looking to other countries that aren't as heavily taxed as Australia. Like phizzle mentioned above, with commodity prices dropping so much, mines will be going to care and maintenance, or closing completely.