Thread: 05 Sti
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Im looking at 3 different things and want some oppinions on each

Suspension - Mostly want to drop it down for looks wise, little bit torn whether to just get some lower springs poss pinks (but heard they can clap out the struts if you don't change them). Or spend the extra and get some coilovers for around the 1-1.5k mark. I've heard the standard struts and springs in the Sti's are really good quality and cheapo coilovers are a backwards step. Any oppinions between springs or coilovers?

Rims - Been looking at things in the price range 1-2k mark, The Rota's seem to be good value for money, found some Works Emotions XD9's on ebay for around the 1200-1300 mark which i imagine are pretty similar quality to the rota's then haha. I was thinking 18x8.5+44 or 18x9+38 for size. I think i'd probably need the guards rolled if i got it fairly low.

Brakes - May or may not of seen that i've pretty much posted the same query in another, unrelated thread, of mine. Pretty certain the Rotors and pads are due replacing. Tossing up machining the existing rotors and replacing the pads, or spending the extra and upgrading the DBA4000's or something similar.

The car doesn't seen any track work and is only driven pretty hard on the road on occasion. The Rims and suspension choices are more based around the appearance of the car, and any performance gains just a bonus. As for the brakes its a matter of, i'm going to need to spend x amount of money of them soon so the decision is to spend what i need to spend, or spend the little extra if its going to give a decent improvement.

As always any criticism or oppinion welcomed.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."