Thread: 1998 wrx ra gc8
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Scoobie Noobie

PurpleRex at standard level

I don't know enough about the car to say if the body kit is standard or not, but it has "DRiFT" stickers on the side skirts so I assume they are aftermarket.
The colour is definitely not factory. It is looking a little bit tired, but it will do for now. I have bigger fish to fry like getting her licensed.

No, I did not pay anything near what they were asking for it in 2010.

With regards to the tyres, the inspection report states "All tyres and wheels to comply with ADR".
I went back into the office to clarify this point but the inspector was not around.
Upon further investigation, I discovered that ADRs state that you can not go larger than 15mm diameter from any tyre designated for that model by the manufacturer.
The car does not have a tyre placard affixed (hence my request for a pic), but from what I have been told, a GC8 came standard with 205/50R16 (611.4mm diameter), but the current tyres are 225/40R18 (637.2mm diameter), a difference of 25.8mm.
I could have bought new tyres 225/35R18 (614.7mm - difference of 3.3mm) but they are expensive as hell.
I believe I have solved this licensing issue by using some stock GD rims with 215/45R17 (625.3mm - difference of 13.9mm).

If I am on the wrong track by what I have said, or if anyone has more information to share with me, then I welcome that.

Last edited by PurpleRex; 14-06-2013 at 09:33 AM.