View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

Wrx_92 at standard level
Default wrx rattling and exhaust

Hey guys,

Just wandering I have a mate that bought a wrx 2002 bugeye model and its his first wrx. I didn't want him to get a bad impression of Subaru as I have one and suggested him to buy one

After owing it for 2months or so he is having some mechanical issues such as coolant hose etc. The hose have been replaced by me now and all in good condition. The only issue he has atm is loss of power and while accelerating the car makes a rattling sound in the engine bay quietly.

Could this be the cause of Bov or turbo etc. Current mods I kno he has is Pod filter and boost controller. The car isn't leaking any fluids or blowing smoke from oil cap.

Any help would be much appreciated

While the second issue is with my Subaru bugeye 2001 I noticed the car has loss a bit of power since the tune last month. Where I had no mods done after that at all. The car is still running rich so will be getting it retune for free by the tuner. So the car usually smells strongly of a fuel odour from exhaust while idling, and start ups it blows white smoke at times. What could be the cause as the car was fine after the tune until the nxt day.

Also when down shifting and accelerating the car puff smoke as if the fuel wasn't going though. Since it stays constant rpm and speed...then kicks in with bunny hops/ black puff smoke from exhaust. The oil was abit over the F line on dip stick...now its just under F line??

The mods on the car bov, pod filter, vf34, TBE and bosh fuel pump and link44s.

Last edited by Wrx_92; 10-07-2013 at 12:14 AM.