View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
I only had a boost gauge in mine. I used it as I was doing RallySprints and wanted to know that my boost levels were consistent and not spiking.

If you are buying gauges for the look, just buy cheaper ones. Defi's are for people with excess money or no brains. I was the latter of the 2

Even if I get another turbo car, I wont use defi again because I cannot justify the cost. One gauge with the controller is like $350-$400 when you could get a self managed single boost gauge for a little over $100 of a cheaper variant.
Yea I actually use my gauges also. Frequently monitor them. (If you do buy know what you are buying & why). I have a brain & no I don't have excess money.

However at the time of purchase they were an impulse buy to complement the cluster..I swear I have OCD and wanted the cluster to match with the gauges I got. But I got other mod's & other priorities done first.

The 52mm Defi's Racer's do not require a controller & do not fetch too high of a price compared to ones with a controller etc ($250 a Gauge). Yes they do cost a fair bit for 3.

In saying that this is perhaps my last respectively modded car before moving onto brighter pastures. So may as well make the most of it. Do what makes you happy about your own car imo. Fuck the haters.

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......