View Single Post
Old 19-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

G'day Sookie,

Are you sure your traction control is completely off? In my '10STI there are three modes.

1. Normal - default when you turn on ignition, all safety systems ON.

2. One push of the traction button and the dash light turns green - this is partial shut down of VDC and as far as I can remember - pretty sure traction remains ON.

3. Hold traction button for three seconds till dash light turns orange, this is total shut down of VDC and traction control ( fully sick mode ) only ABS remains. ABS cannot be turned off.

The reason I ask is because ocasionally I forget to set correctly and when traction control goes off it can be a fairly brutal interruption to forward motion and can make a fair clunk at the front of the car when it misfires and takes all the torque away from the transmission. If you have it set correctly disregard this entire post.

Good luck with it. If it's still a problem take it to a Subaru dealer and demonstrate it to them with a mechanic in the car with you. As already mentioned your car is under warranty. Subaru Wangara have always been very helpful with me and I didn't even buy my STI from them.

P.S. Disregard most of the above as I just read my owner manual and WRX is a one push operation only the STI has the extra modes.

Cheers.

Last edited by nick73; 19-07-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: etc etc....