View Single Post
Old 25-07-2013, 08:44 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

When looking at 02 and 03 sti's i priced up about 5-6 places including the reputable workshops mentioned on here (MMS, RMS, EVO R, Blue Star, Stechnic)

The price really depends on exactly what you want to get done. The log book would suggest a standard service (oil flush, replacement, oil filter) and driveline oils and timing belt (both of which should be done) if your getting that don't expect much change from $1500.

Most prices i got quoted were around the $1200 mark, and can start adding on more $$$ if the water pump is shot to shit, as its worth replacing whilst doing the timing belt.

I'd work out which shop you'd want to take the car to first, and maybe discuss with them options of staggaring your services. Aka get the drivelines oils done at 100k and maybe do the belt and water pump (if needed) at 120k. A lot of people get services done earlier or later than recommended.

I think you'll find most places are pretty flexible and understanding if you happen to be short on cash but if you cant afford to run and service the car, i wouldn't be looking at buying it.

My personal oppinion would be to get a full service done at 100k as its a new car. That way you know 100% exactly what has been done and when it was done.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."