View Single Post
Old 25-07-2013, 09:05 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

shinigami at standard level

Was in a 70km/h zone when a popo passed me. Quickly looked at my ECUdatascan and it reads 70km/h so it was all good. Then I looked at the rear view mirror only to see the popo turn around and lights were on. Pretty sure it was me as there were no one else in front of me

popo1: Good morning. Do you know why I pulled you over?

me: Not at all (trying to not be a smart arse to avoid more problems)
popo1: The reason why I pulled you over was your speed. Do you know how fast you were going?

me: I am pretty sure I was doing 65km/h - 70km/h as I was accelerating to the speed limit.

popo1: No.............. we clocked you at 84km/h

me: no waeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
popo1: yes way..
me: Well.........if you look here *points to ECUdatascan* the whole reason why I spent $500.00 on this thing is so that it reads the ECU directly and have a more accurate reading of everything and not having to do the wrong thing. I was told by Subaru Australia that the speedos are 7km/h over the normal speed.
cop: So you don't trust your speedo?
me: hhmmm...not at all. That is why I spent $500.00 on this ECUdatascan to give me a true and accurate reading.
popo1: ...............................*long pause*..............License please. (mega angry face)
me: *hands over license*
popo2: While we are at this, we'll just do a breath test
me: yay okay! (at this stage, I knew they had nothing on me as I wasn't doing anything wrong, so I tried to be funny. He didn't laugh/smiled)

Two police were in their car doing who knows what for about 5 minutes.......woman comes out of the police car, gave license back to me

popo1: Mr. Tan, I'm going to let you off today with a caution *storms away with mega angry face*

me: Thank you! *sticks head out of window* HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Giggled while I drove off. Made my day

/csb

in b4 tl;dr