View Single Post
Old 20-08-2013, 04:38 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
If people/forum members/friends/little voices in your head tell you to upgrade your speakers, I will argue against bothering with rear speakers. If you must have rear speakers (fuck the passengers) just utilise the stock speakers for a bit of "fill". You don't go to a gig or concert and have the music coming from behind you, do you?

Personally I would save a touch more and replace the fronts with an entry level offering from say Morel (available from Westside). Awesome bang for buck speakers, will shit on most of the mainstream brands available locally around the same price point. Your stock speakers will not keep up with, nor blend nicely with a sub and you car will sound like complete arse.
I couldn't agree with your more about only upgrading the front if needed. I guess i was just curious if the standard speakers had a bit more give in them. I've managed to get a rather good sound on previous cars by running the standard speakers with low bass and picking high freq. Then the sub running mid to low freq with low bass boost but fair bit of gain.

i was fortunate that my old amps were really great. Allowed you to isolate the frequency range for each channel along with bass boost and gain...

My tentativeness about upgrading the speakers themselves came to price. Good component fronts i wouldnt expect much change from 600. If i go down that path i don't want the weak link to be the sub or amp, so the quality and therfore price in those go up. call it another $600.

thats $1200 before i even look at prices of installation and other bits and bobs. I was just hoping i'd net small gain from what i had lying around and throwing in $300

I've been spoilt by the fact friends of mine that i jam with, have some really high quality shit, and any amount of money i spend still wont sound as good. So it's kind of like getting away with average. For cheap. Hahaha but if you reckon the speakers will fry with them slightly amped i may just spend the money elsewhere. Like some new drum skins

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."