View Single Post
Old 20-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape juice View Post
I couldn't agree with your more about only upgrading the front if needed. I guess i was just curious if the standard speakers had a bit more give in them. I've managed to get a rather good sound on previous cars by running the standard speakers with low bass and picking high freq. Then the sub running mid to low freq with low bass boost but fair bit of gain.
A good place to start (depending upon what functions your gear has available) is high pass fronts @ 80hz, low pass sub @ 80hz. Then tune up/down depending on how your speakers handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape juice View Post
My tentativeness about upgrading the speakers themselves came to price. Good component fronts i wouldnt expect much change from 600. If i go down that path i don't want the weak link to be the sub or amp, so the quality and therfore price in those go up. call it another $600.
Morel 6.5″ 2-Way Tempo Component Speaker System | Westside Sound & Image

Go to Westside in Cannington and have a listen to the Morels above. Best value speakers I've come across (in the entry level market). Tell him you're from Perth-WRX and/or Craig with the red WRX hatch sent you and you'll get them for $250 I reckon. Take a day to install with mates, meaning installation costs can go towards these speakers and/or your sub & amp. Your sub and amp will be on par with these fronts so you don't have to worry about any weak links!

I totally understand your reasoning in regards to the weakest link in equipment. I spent stupid money at the start of the year finally completing my audio install. Added one thing (processor) and it fucking snowballed into $600 tweeters and $1000 drivers