View Single Post
Old 21-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMB3R View Post
I don't have time to respond to this but thought I should post something useful...............................I hope they wrap Demetrious balls in cellophane before they deliver them to him after the AFL loses this court case and Essendon gains the top 10 draft picks in 2017 when it finally ends as a result.
Jaron,

Serious question from someone looking at this saga from a commercial perspective. What do Essendon have to gain by dragging this out? Assuming they delay it long enough to avoid any penalties this season on current form they will bow out in the first week of the finals. Does anyone really care that they made the finals?

Regardless of whether they are guilty or not IMHO they should take the pain this year. It is in everyones interest to get this over and done with and start pre season for next year.

Hypothetically it gets dragged out to half way through next year and the EFC get 100% exonerated (unlikely but best case scenario) they will have had it hanging over them for another 12 months and played at 90% and realistically their 2014 campaign will be stuffed aswell.

At the end of the day it does not really matter anymore who is right or wrong or even what the repercussions are if the club still has this hanging over their head.

Thoughts?

Brendon