View Single Post
Old 22-08-2013, 08:53 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

It seems there are some parents of bumber players who may not be all that happy
The mother of an Essendon player has tearfully turned on coach James Hird and Essendon management in an emotional outburst over the club's doping scandal.

Speaking of Melbourne radio station Triple M, a caller dubbed "Sarah" and who claimed to be the mother of a 20-year-old Bombers squad member, slammed Hird and said the players' welfare had almost been forgotten in the saga.

"....(it's) my worst nightmare as a parent," Sarah said.

"My son, who plays for Essendon and who I entrusted to be taken care of, has basically been used as a guinea pig.

"It is alright for James and the board of Essendon to say they have not cheated. The question is albout morals, ethics and the trust that parents put on the club for the club to take care of their kids.

"My son is in his early 20s. He'll be 21 shortly. For him to be used and to be injected with substances that may not be illegal but could be banned, with substances that are labelled not for human consumption or not for human use (and) for the club to completely disregard those warnings and inject my son is completely appalling.

"James Hird is a man who I have always respected but to watch his press conference yesterday it was all about him. It was all about me, me, me. How to protect me.

"Well who is going to protect my kid and who is going to protect all the other players?.

"Let's not forget the harm was done to the players not James Hird."