View Single Post
Old 30-08-2013, 11:52 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DamoESP at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
I'm pretty sure 10,000 were AFL members.
Not AFL members, but it was approx. 10K MCC members that went to both finals...which sounds about right.
So at max you have about 2K members in total from both sides missing out if it sells like previous games (lets not take into account corporate boxes and the amount of free tickets that are given away.....) so in the end, not really anything to be concerned about.

No different than when any interstate supporter tries to get a ticket to a final over at Patersons (i.e WCE vs Carlton final a few years ago)...I can assure you that only about 1000 of the 40,000 seats are available for members of the interstate side, majority are sold to local members and supporters of the interstate side are lucky to get a ticket.

Freo fans are crying about having to play at the home ground of the team that earned the right to play at their home ground but then their justification is that members will miss out on tickets?

Funny thing is, that out of about 15 of them I've personally heard whinge about it, not 1 had any intention of flying over for the game.....lol kind of killed their argument then and there

Last edited by DamoESP; 30-08-2013 at 11:57 PM.